Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope by Mark Manson
Hand Signed by Mark Manson to the Title Page
New & Unread
It’s no secret that the world is in turmoil, but it’s also true that no generation ever had it better. If economies are booming, luxury increasingly available, and everything we ever wanted right at our fingertips, why then in the developed world are rates of dissatisfaction, depression, even suicide higher than ever? This is the question Mark Manson faces up to in his new groundbreaking book. In typical and beloved Manson style, EVERYTHING IS F*CKED--a book about hope proves that the harder you try, the more diminishing the returns:
1. Control - The more we strive to control our thoughts, feelings and impulses, the more out of control we will become. Similarly, the more we let go of control over ourselves, the more we will be able to direct ourselves to better results.
2. Happiness - The more we pursue happiness, the more dissatisfied we will become. Similarly, the more we embrace the possibility of suffering, the more fulfilling our life can be.
3. Freedom - The desire for more freedom is itself a limitation; similarly, it’s only by limiting ourselves that we increase our chance to be free.
4. Love - The more we desire to be loved and accepted by others, the less others will love and accept us and the less we will love and accept ourselves. Letting go will bring the love.
5. Meaning - The more we pursue a deeper meaning or purpose to our lives, the more shallow and fake we will become. By not trying to know anything, we run the happy risk of knowing everything
As ever with Mark Manson, this book has its finger directly on the pulse of the culture; he has a knack for cutting right to the heart of the zeitgeist, and his fans will devour this new book as they did the category-defining SUBTLE ART.
About the Author: Mark Manson is a blogger with 2 million readers. He lives in New York
Format: Hardback Edition
All our signed books include a 'Signed Copy' gift tag, supplied free of charge.
Please Note: By their very nature, all signed books will have been handled several times before they get to you. This may result in small marks to the dustjacket and title page, please also bear in mind that each signature will be a little different from the one we show here. We use courier and signed for delivery services, so please use an address at which your parcel can be signed for during the normal working day.
We'll despatch your order as quickly as we can. If a product is out of stock we will contact you to discuss the likely delivery time or an alternative product.
Orders for delivery in the UK are despatched by Courier and will normally be delivered to you within a few days of placing your order (UK deliveries by Courier normally arrive the day after we despatch). Signed Books are shipped in specially made book mailing cartons, with the books themselves wrapped in paper and bubble wrap to protect them. Because we use courier and signed for delivery services, please use an address at which your parcel can be signed for during the normal working day.
First Item @ £3.75 (sometimes a shipping supplement may be added for particularly heavy books or specific postcodes*)
2 Items & Over @ £5.00 in total
*There are a number of Postcodes in the UK for which we will need to charge a shipping supplement, this will be calculated automatically during the checkout process. There are also a very small number of Postcode areas not covered by our delivery service, for these we will contact customers to agree a suitable and economic method of shipping. There may also be additional time required for delivery to some areas of the United Kingdom. View a complete table of Postcode Surcharges.
Shipments to other EU countries:
First Book @ £15.00 (sometimes a shipping supplement will be added for particularly heavy books)
2 Books & over @ £30.00 in total
Shipments to the USA & Canada:
First Book @ £30.00
2 Books & over @ £50.00 in total
Shipments to the Rest of the World:
First Book @ £45.00
2 Books & over @ £60.00 in total
All overseas orders are shipped using a 'signed for' courier service - please provide an address at which your parcel can be signed for on receipt. We use the same packaging materials for our overseas deliveries as we do those in the UK.
It was the most impressive packaging that I have EVER SEEN!!! An ocd person's dream...