Brian Redman: A Racer’s Memoir of a Dangerous Decade, 1965–75 (Leather Limited Edition)
Hardback Leather Bound Limited Edition
Hand Signed by Brian Redman to the Title Page
New & Unread
A limited edition of 50 leather-bound copies Each individual book is numbered and signed by Brian Redman. Hand-made by the craftsmen at Ludlow Bookbinders, the binding is in top-quality blue leather and the book is presented in a suede-lined slipcase.
By Brian Redman with Jim Mullen Foreword by Mario Andretti
At long last Brian Redman joins the list of notable British racing drivers whose racing life has been put on record in book form. Packed with photographs, Redman’s memoir is a vivid account of his varied racing exploits, with special focus on the period 1968–73 when he won major sports car races in Ford GT40s, Porsche 908s and 917s, and Ferrari 312PBs. Highly readable, and at times both humorous and poignant, this is a very personal book that will be enjoyed by this popular and highly respected driver’s legions of fans.
- Five themed chapters about Redman’s experiences at the greatest circuits and races of his era: Spa-Francorchamps, the Nürburgring, the Targa Florio, Le Mans and Daytona.
- Diving deep into Redman’s fears, friendships and mindset during his time at the top.
- Spa-Francorchamps: Redman won at this daunting track in four consecutive appearances in 1,000Kms races for sports cars, but was also injured in the first of his three big crashes, in the 1968 Belgian Grand Prix.
- The Nürburgring: two big sports car wins with his greatest driving partners, Jo Siffert and Jacky Ickx.
- The Targa Florio: in 1970 Redman won this heroic race over the uniquely punishing 45-mile circuit in Sicily – and suffered severe burns in another big crash the following year.
- Le Mans: he led France’s 24-hour classic five times but never won it. Daytona: the world’s other great 24-hour race, in Florida, brought three wins – in 1970, 1976 and 1981.
- Stories about driving for Porsche, Ferrari and colourful privateers, plus anecdotes about the era’s most famous drivers, managers, heroes and rascals.
- Successes in Formula 5000 (three-times champion in the USA) and 2-litre sports cars (South African champion) complete Redman’s credentials as one of the finest all-rounders in motor racing.
- Mario Andretti provides an insightful foreword: Redman and he were team-mates in Ferrari’s sports car team (1972–73) and the top drivers in North American Formula 5000 (1974–75).
Format: Hardback Leather Bound Limited Edition
ISBN: Redman Leather
All our signed books include a 'Signed Copy' gift tag, supplied free of charge.
Please Note: By their very nature, all signed books will have been handled several times before they get to you. This may result in small marks to the dustjacket and title page, please also bear in mind that each signature will be a little different from the one we show here.
We'll despatch your order as quickly as we can. If a product is out of stock we will contact you to discuss the likely delivery time or an alternative product.
Orders for delivery in the UK are despatched by Courier and will normally be delivered to you within a few days of placing your order (UK deliveries by Courier normally arrive the day after we despatch). Signed Books are shipped in specially made book mailing cartons, with the books themselves wrapped in paper and bubble wrap to protect them. Because we use courier and signed for delivery services, please use an address at which your parcel can be signed for during the normal working day.
First Item @ £3.75 (sometimes a shipping supplement may be added for particularly heavy books or specific postcodes*)
2 Items & Over @ £5.00 in total
*There are a number of Postcodes in the UK for which we will need to charge a shipping supplement, this will be calculated automatically during the checkout process. There are also a very small number of Postcode areas not covered by our delivery service, for these we will contact customers to agree a suitable and economic method of shipping. There may also be additional time required for delivery to some areas of the United Kingdom. View a complete table of Postcode Surcharges.
Shipments to other EU countries:
First Book @ £15.00 (sometimes a shipping supplement will be added for particularly heavy books)
2 Books & over @ £30.00 in total
Shipments to the USA & Canada:
First Book @ £30.00
2 Books & over @ £50.00 in total
Shipments to the Rest of the World:
First Book @ £45.00
2 Books & over @ £60.00 in total
All overseas orders are shipped using a 'signed for' courier service - please provide an address at which your parcel can be signed for on receipt. We use the same packaging materials for our overseas deliveries as we do those in the UK.
It was the most impressive packaging that I have EVER SEEN!!! An ocd person's dream...