GOAT: Greatest Of All Time - Champ's Edition signed by Muhammad Ali & Jeff Koons
Signed Limited 1st Edition
Hand Signed by Muhammad Ali & Jeff Koons
New & Unread
"... the biggest, heaviest, most radiant thing ever printed in the history of civilization. - Der Spiegel, Hamburg, October 6, 2003Muhammad Ali is one of the most remarkable personalities of our time and the greatest sportsman ever to walk the earth. To honor this living legend, TASCHEN has created a work that is epic in scale and as unique and vibrant as the man himself. A worthy tribute to his life should reflect the scale of his achievements, and G.O.A.T. – GREATEST OF ALL TIME is fully up to that task:
The Champ’s Edition:
No. 1 - 1,000
- The "Champ’s Edition" has a white silk cover with pink lettering.
- Limited to 1,000 individually numbered copies, each one signed by Muhammad Ali and Jeff Koons
- Four gallery-quality silver gelatin prints signed by photographer Howard L. Bingham and Muhammad Ali
- Every "Champ’s Edition" comes with the sculpture "Radial Champs" by Jeff Koons. (size 175 x 170 cm, 69 x 67 in., comprising of 2 inflatables and a stool).
- Over 3,000 images - photographs, art and memorabilia, much of it published for the first time - from over 150 photographers and artists. Original essays and the best interviews and writing on the Champ of the last five decades, from hundreds of writers, totaling 600,000 words.
- XXL-format: 792 pages, including two gatefold sequences measuring 200 x 50 cm (80 x 20 in.) and nine gold-metallic double-page spreads printed in silkscreen, open each chapter. Measuring 50 x 50 cm (20 x 20 in.), GOAT tips the scales at 34 kgs (75 lbs).
- Each copy comes in a silk-covered box illustrated with Neil Leifer's iconic 1966 photo, Ali vs Williams.
- Bound by the official bindery for the Vatican, in pink leather, the color of Ali’s first Cadillac. The bindery, specializing in the most elaborate and oversized editions of the Bible and the Koran, enforces the strictest standards of quality control and only several hundred copies can be assembled per week.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art digital technology, no expense has been spared to restore the original photographic materials to the highest possible standards. The results of this effort create unparalleled intensity and range in the colors, and exquisite tone and density within the duotone images.
- Eight-color printing on Galaxi Keramik 200 gsm semi-matte paper with gloss varnish on all images.
- Prioritized delivery of GOAT has started in the Spring of 2004. As copies are completed they will ship to customers in the order in which the pre-orders were received.
Format: Hardcover in clamshell box with 4 prints and sculpture, 19.7 x 19.7 in., 792 pages
All our signed books include a 'Signed Copy' gift tag, supplied free of charge.
We'll despatch your order as quickly as we can. If a product is out of stock we will contact you to discuss the likely delivery time or an alternative product.
Orders for delivery in the UK are despatched by Courier and will normally be delivered to you within a few days of placing your order (UK deliveries by Courier normally arrive the day after we despatch). Signed Books are shipped in specially made book mailing cartons, with the books themselves wrapped in paper and bubble wrap to protect them. Because we use courier and signed for delivery services, please use an address at which your parcel can be signed for during the normal working day.
First Item @ £3.75 (sometimes a shipping supplement may be added for particularly heavy books or specific postcodes*)
2 Items & Over @ £5.00 in total
*There are a number of Postcodes in the UK for which we will need to charge a shipping supplement, this will be calculated automatically during the checkout process. There are also a very small number of Postcode areas not covered by our delivery service, for these we will contact customers to agree a suitable and economic method of shipping. There may also be additional time required for delivery to some areas of the United Kingdom. View a complete table of Postcode Surcharges. Where possible, we will ship single book orders (under 1kg) by Royal Mail to all UK postcodes and a refund shipping accordingly back to the £3.75 rate shown above. Multiple book orders and books over 1kg are shipped via APC Overnight, regardless of Postcode.
Shipments to other EU countries:
First Book @ £15.00 (sometimes a shipping supplement will be added for particularly heavy books)
2 Books & over @ £30.00 in total
Shipments to the USA & Canada:
First Book @ £30.00
2 Books & over @ £50.00 in total
Shipments to the Rest of the World:
First Book @ £45.00
2 Books & over @ £60.00 in total
All overseas orders are shipped using a 'signed for' courier service - please provide an address at which your parcel can be signed for on receipt. We use the same packaging materials for our overseas deliveries as we do those in the UK.
It was the most impressive packaging that I have EVER SEEN!!! An ocd person's dream...